Leigh A. Roberts, DPT, OCS grew up dancing at a local dance studio in Annapolis, MD. She has training in ballet, tap, jazz and modern dance. When she attended dance camp in junior high, she learned to integrate anatomy with dance. In college, she continued her training in ballet and modern and started a dance company at her college that is still active. As an adult, she takes dance classes when possible, and has performed tap and modern in regional showcases.
Dr. Roberts has spent her professional career treating various performing artists – including adolescents, pre-professionals and professionals such as:
- The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Ailey II
- The Washington Ballet Company
- The Suzanne Farrell Ballet
- The Ballet Theatre of Maryland
- The Pittsburgh Ballet Theater
- The Kirov Academy of Ballet in D.C.
- Baltimore School for the Arts
- Olney Theatre Center for the Arts
- World Class and Olympic Ice Skaters
- Musicians, including the National Symphony Orchestra
- Various touring Broadway shows
Dr. Roberts sees dancers for acute and chronic injuries both at the studio and in the clinic. She has worked all over the country and the local metropolitan area providing therapy backstage. She teaches Pilates for dance conditioning and technique enhancement. Dr. Roberts’ background in dance gives her the unique experience and vocabulary to relate to dancers.